Eastern technologies for awakening met Western psychology and the scientific method a long time ago, and generations of practitioners have been kindling the creative synergies between them ever since. What are the specific insights we’re learning about the technical processes of meditation and awakening? How can meditation be deepened by adding new forms of practice to the old? Can we be deepened by relational (rather than solo) meditation, for example? Or from the techniques developed in fields such as lean processing and agile software development? And how can our clearer consciousness enact itself in service more effectively?
About Vincent Horn
Vincent Horn is a Buddhist Geek, meditation teacher, and explorer. He began his study and practice of Buddhist meditation at age 19, and over the next several years spent nearly a year doing intensive retreat practice in the Insight Meditation tradition. Two of his primary teachers in that tradition are Trudy Goodman and Jack Kornfield, who in 2010 encouraged him to teach. He has also been fortunate to study with two outlier teachers named Kenneth Folk and Daniel Ingram, both of whom gave Vincent permission to teach their unique style of pragmatic and uncompromising dharma—what some have called “pragmatic dharma.”
In 2006 Vincent combined his passion for Buddhist practice with an ongoing obsession with technology and media. The result was a Buddhist media project called Buddhist Geeks. Buddhist Geeks includes a popular podcast program, which is now downloaded over 100,000 times each month, and an annual conference that has been featured on the pages of Fast Company, the LA Weekly, and the Los Angeles Times. During this time he also pioneered a form of fund-raising that uses a “micro-patronage” model to offer key digital content for free. Vincent currently does all this from his home in Santa Monica, CA.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Sunday, December 11th at 10:00 am Pacific
Please Note: There will be a limited number of lines available on the live conference call, so we encourage you to listen online if possible. To make sure you can get through by phone, we encourage you to dial in early.
- To listen live by phone, dial: 206-402-0100 (alternate #: 501-707-0312), then, enter Access Code: 272072#
- To listen live online go to: http://InstantTeleseminar.com/?eventID=24362508
- To download the audio after the teleseminar is complete, click here to gain instant access.
Join the Dialogue: About one hour into the dialogue, we’ll open up the lines and you’ll have the opportunity to interact with us directly over the phone or via instant message. Here’s what to do:
- To interact live by voice, dial into the conference line number and wait until we ask for a question from someone in your region, or
- Send us your question via instant message in the teleseminar window on your computer
- Send us your questions and comments before or during the live dialogue by posting them on our Beyond Awakening Community Facebook page
We look forward to your attendance!
The Beyond Awakening Team